About Me

My photo
Louisburg, KS, United States
We will be posting articles that we have written for the local Louisburg, KS newspaper as well as helpful hints on staying healthy with whole food nutrition and related holistic philosophies. This may also include herbal medicine. The statements in this blog are not intended to "diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

A reflection on Easter Sunday

Today I reflect back to all the Easter Sundays that I gave my children the very large Easter basket with all of my favorites so that I could make sure that I got my sugar fix as well. How did the Easter bunny get connected with Jesus anyway? Maybe it was invented by the candy companies? Now that I am really aware of all of the dangers of sugar, I reflect back and ask Why? Why didn't I know any better? Well I was raised the same exact way. When I was young I had a very large Easter basket with all of my favorites in it like Robin eggs (those blue eggs with a malted milk ball center and candy coating on the outside. And then there was the Cadbury eggs with the creamy egg like sugar center. Oh those were heaven. Now that I know all of the dangers of eating large amounts of sugar, I hope to educate as many people as I can about what sugar can do to you and your children. It is a very highly addictive substance and most people don't really realize how bad it is. Here are just a few reasons why sugar ruins your health.

  • Sugar can suppress the immune system
  • Sugar interferes with the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
  • Sugar can weaken eyesight.
  • Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
  • Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
  • Sugar can cause arthritis.
  • Sugar can increase cholesterol.
  • Sugar can cause headaches,including migraines
  • Sugar can cause depression.
  • Sugar causes tooth decay
  • This is just a short list of reasons that you should consider eliminating sugar in your families diet.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment